MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Mobile Digital Media (MDM), a world leader in providing high quality consumer software for mobile devices, today announced the next generation of mobile travel solutions offered on a CD-ROM for Palm OS(R), Windows Mobile(TM)-based devices and Nokia Series 60 mobile phones.
Directions on-the-go is a unique product offering complete on-device navigation, without the need of a PC connection or wireless carrier signal, for millions of handheld device owners. With Directions on-the-go, users choose major metropolitan areas or cities from the CD-ROM or a website and load their selection onto their smartphone or PDA. Once the metro area or city has been loaded, users can calculate and display door-to-door, turn-by-turn directions at any time right on their device.
“The days of having to pull over to ask for directions or print your route out beforehand from your personal computer are over,” said Barry Cottle, CEO of MDM. “Now smartphone and PDA users can easily specify their starting point and destination and Directions on-the-go will guide them until they arrive.”
Directions on-the-go features:
- Immediate route calculation of door-to-door directions without a wireless connection or a PC
- Alternate route calculation should starting point or destination address change
- Pan, scroll, and zoom between multiple levels of map detail, from street/neighborhood to entire metropolitan area
- Find locations by address, street name, tap-on-map, nearby point of interest, or fuzzy logic search
- Thousands of built-in points of interest including gas stations, parking lots, banks, landmarks, etc.
- GPS support to locate and track your position (compatible GPS receiver & Bluetooth or cabled connection required)
- Lifetime updates and access to the latest U.S. maps and road data provided by smart2go(TM) from gate5 NA, Inc.
Directions on-the-go is compatible with Palm OS 5.0 and higher devices, Windows Mobile(TM)-based Pocket PC and Pocket PC Phone Edition 2002 or higher devices, Windows Mobile(TM)-based Smartphone 2002 and 2003 and Nokia Series 60 mobile phones. Available soon at nationwide retailers, online resellers and at www.gomdm.com for $39.99.
For more information, go to www.goMDM.com.
Mobile Digital Media (MDM) is a world leader in providing high quality consumer software for all mobile device platforms including Palm OS, Windows Mobile / Pocket PC / Smartphone, and Nokia Series 60/Symbian OS. MDM’s high quality, branded entertainment, productivity and utility products are available at major retail outlets including Circuit City, CompUSA, Franklin Covey, Fry’s Electronics, MusicLand, Office Max, Radio Shack, and Staples, selected Cingular stores and leading online retailers including Amazon, Dell, Handango, and PalmOne. MDM is a member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC), Nokia Forum PRO and is a Symbian Platinum Partner. Privately held, MDM (www.goMDM.com) is based in Mountain View, California.