Microsoft Begins Accepting Applications for Windows Marketplace for Mobile

by Reads (3,464)

Those companies and individuals who would would like an application listed on Windows Marketplace for Mobile can now submit it to Microsoft.

Windows Marketplace for Mobile

Microsoft will certify these apps according to the policies and guidelines it has established, and says certification should normally take about 10 business days.

Bringing Developers to the Surface
To encourage developers to submit their software to the Marketplace, Microsoft is kicking off the Race to Market Challenge.

It will be giving away four Microsoft Surface tables (Developer Edition), one for the winner in each of the following categories:

  • Most downloads of a free app
  • Most valuable app (downloads x price)
  • Most useful (as judged by Microsoft panel)
  • Most playful (as judged by Microsoft panel)

In addition, winners will get online marketing and promotion of their software, and trophies to put on the mantle.

Further  details, including Official Rules, are available at mobilethisdeveloper.com.

More about Windows Marketplace for Mobile
Later this year, Microsoft will launch an on-device application store for Windows Mobile smartphones.

Developers who sell applications through it will receive 70% of the revenue, with the other 30% going to Microsoft. Third-party developers will be able to set the price for their applications in each market, and can also choose to distribute their products for free.

Software developers will have to pay an introductory annual registration fee of $99, which will allow them to submit five applications a year to Microsoft for certification. Each additional submission within the year will cost $99 more. The registration fee is waived for students through enrollment in the Microsoft DreamSpark program.

Source: Microsoft

LEAVE A COMMENT

0 Comments

|
All content posted on TechnologyGuide is granted to TechnologyGuide with electronic publishing rights in perpetuity, as all content posted on this site becomes a part of the community.