Paragon Software Launches Dictionary Lines for Mobile Phones
Paragon Software has launched dictionary packs that are compatible with several mobile devices due to the use of Java programming. The dictionary packs include works from Merriam-Webster, Oxford University Press, Ernst Klett Sprachen, Chambers Harrap Publishers, and Brockhaus Duden Neue Medien.
Specific features of each collection of dictionaries include:
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Pack – includes four dictionary wordbases: Collegiate (America’s most popular college dictionary), Medical, English-French and English-Spanish dictionaries; American English, French and Spanish regional dialects, examples of word usage and spelling, grammar info, common medical terms and abbreviations.
- Oxford Dictionary Pack – a traditional English translation dictionary in the Oxford mold of clear and concise usage and meanings.
- Duden Dictionary Pack – includes four German dictionaries which have a comprehensive view of German language covering new words of modern lifestyle to business and technical language.
- Harrap’s French Shorter Dictionary – designed in the mode of a pocket reference, it contians English and French entries, translations idioms, treatment of colloquial and technical vocabulary, and more.
- The Pack of PONS (German) – includes overall German to English/French/Spanish/Italian; highlights country regions, thousands of translations, different variants of word usage and spelling, technical terms and irregular verbs.
Each dictionary pack features multi-language availability (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Russian), enhanced word translation and browsing, listing of last 20 terms searched, and a word variants option to check spelling differences.
Google Calendar Sync Updated
Google Calendar Sync is an indirect way to synchronize mobile device calendars with Google Calendar by using Outlook as the intermediary. In a recent update to this application, the ability to sync events to a Google Calendar without having to specify the Google account’s email address as the organizer or attendee of the event in MS Outlook. Choosing to 2-way sync or a 1-way sync from Outlook calendar to Google Calendar will now sync all Outlook events – and through ActiveSync, HotSync, or PCSuite to the mobile device.
Download Google Calendar Sync 0.9.3.2 from the Google website.
Nokia N82 Wins "Best Mobile Imaging Device in Europe" Award
The Nokia N82 has garnered much attention for its ability as a camera. The 5 megapixel Nokia S60 smartphone has a Carl Zeiss lens, auto-focus, 20x zoom and a Xeon flash, which gives is a considerable leg up on quality and performance versus other mobile devices, camera phone or not.
TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) has noticed this and has awarded the N82 its 2008 "Best Mobile Imaging Device in Europe" Award. Citing not just the hardware, but also its ability to use features such as geotagging, the group believes the N82 brings an impressive level of imaging to mobile devices.
For more information on this smartphone, visit the Nokia N-Series website.
SplashMoney and SplashID 4 Can Now Synchronize with Macs
SplashData has released SplashMoney and SplashID 4 for the Mac OS X platform, giving those an Apple computer the ability to synchronize content with these two applications.
SplashID 4 — the latest version of this application for its application for securely storing personal information — features web-autofill, improved view and find performance, an auto-search feature, and a new Database Sync feature to select multiple databases to synchronize with on the Mac desktop and share data with other users or across a network.
The new version of SplashData’s finance tracking application SplashMoney supports most account types, including checking, savings, credit card, cash, asset, liability, and money market accounts.
SplashData has incorporated secure password protection in both SplashMoney and SplashID using 256-bit Blowfish encryption to protect against malicious hacking or other threats.
For more information on SplashMoney and SplashID 4 for Mac OS X, and to download a trial version of either for desktop and mobile devices, visit the SplashData website.