PDAapps has just released VeriChat for Palm based devices with internet connections like the Treo series and Kyocera 7135. Now you can bring your Yahoo!, MSN and AOL chat all under one program.
VeriChat – VeriChat is an Unified Instant Messaging (IM) application for SmartPhones. VeriChat works with your persistent (GPRS/CDMA 1xRTT) or CSD Wireless Data connection to give you an always-on presence on the Yahoo!, MSN & AOL chat networks. You don’t have to be in the VeriChat application for you to chat with your buddies. They always see you as online and can send you messages, and you can receive and reply to them. You can be logged onto Yahoo, Microsoft Messenger and AOL IM at the same time and can be talking to your buddies on either of these networks simultaneously.
Key Features in VeriChat
- Unified messaging support for Yahoo!, AOL Instant Messenger & MSN Instant Messenger
- Works with all PalmOS based SmartPhones (that have a data connection – circuit-switch data or high-speed data) including the Treo 180, Treo 270, Treo 300, Samsung I330, Kyocera 7135, VisorPhone, etc.
- Will also work with your Palm PDA if it has an Internet connection and a paging address. You can use a Wireless phone via IR (infra-red) or BlueTooth for the PDA’s internet connectivity, i.e., a Tungsten-T or a Treo 90 coupled via blue-tooth with a Ericsson T68. You can also use your Palm coupled to a CDPD modem and your alphanumeric pager.
- Familiar Graphical icons for each protocol
- Chat simultaneously with your buddies using one or any combination of IM protocols
- “Always On” on the messaging networks: Your buddies will see you as online even when you are not in the VeriChat application
- Specially customized for the Treo’s Keyboard and Jog dial; you can avoid using the stylus altogether if you wish to
- Easy setup; the installation wizard will guide you through the configuration
- Small memory footprint, takes less than 81KB of RAM (compare to AIM’s 400KB+)
Pick up a free 15 day demo to try it out.