The Nokia E72 QWERTY smartphone was announced this summer, and it has just now been released in Europe.
Nokia’s U.K. website has the E72 in stock for £360.
The U.S. release for the replacement for the popular Nokia E71 isn’t expected until early December.
More about the Nokia E72
Nokia E72 continues the emphasis on communication seen in many recent smartphones from this company.
It ships with Symbian S60 Feature Pack 2 (v3.2), and an advanced version of the Nokia Messaging application which features personal and corporate email, as well as instant messaging support.
This GSM phone has 3G, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
It also has:
- A 2.4-inch, 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA) display
- A 5 mega digital camera with flash, auto-focus, and geo-tagging ability
- A 3.5 mm headset jack
- A new voice control function which enables control of the entire device
- Built-in mobile VPN
- Hardware-accelerated data encryption with remote lock and wipe abilities
- QuickOffice v5.3 supporting Microsoft Office 2007 documents
- and more
Coming to America
Although the Nokia E72 is available now in Europe, it won’t be out in the U.S. until next month. It will be offered directly to the public, not through a wireless carrier, so there is no subsidy, but no service contract is required.
eXpansys says the expected release date for the Nokia E72 NAM will be December 7.