Nokia’s Beta Labs has released Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta, a working replacement to the PC Suite application that accompanies Nokia’s S60 and S40 devices.
This desktop PIM and mobile device management application has been rebuilt from its PC Suite roots to be more useful to Nokia’s mobile device users.
Some features within Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta include:
- Connectivity via USB or Bluetooth
- Addition of a new Home View
- View SMS/MMS messages in a conversational view in addition to being able to save them to the desktop
- View and edit contacts, contact photos, and sync them with MS Outlook
- Integration of Nokia Software Updater’s update and backup features
- Add photos from desktop to mobile or vice versa; includes integration with the Ovi Share photo sharing service
- Download maps via the integrated Nokia Maps Uploader software
- Transfer music to/from mobile
- Tethering via wired and wireless connections
Features missing from this beta, compared to the previous beta, include application installation and video transfer/playback. These and other features are slated for future versions of Ovi Suite.
Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta integrates with other Ovi Services through the user’s Ovi account. New users of this beta will need to sign up for an Ovi account to utilize some of the features.
It is advised to backup mobile data to a memory card and desktop before installing this software. It will automatically uninstall previous versions of Ovi Suite and PC Suite before installing.
Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta is currently available only for Windows PCs and for the English language. It is compatible with S40 and S60 Nokia devices.
For more information and to download, visit the Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta page at Nokia Beta Labs.