Otter Products is putting the finishing touches on a semi-rugged, drop and scratch-proof OtterBox case for the BlackBerry Bold.
“The Defender Series line protects devices from everyday bumps and drops while still allowing complete user interaction,” said Curt Richardson, CEO of Otter Products, LLC.
The OtterBox 1937 Defender Series case for the BlackBerry Bold smartphone will provide several layers of protection:
- Layer one: safeguards from dust, dirt, and scratches
- Keypad and screen: optional thermal-formed protective clear membrane
- Camera: scratch-resistant lens
- Layer two: a hi-impact polycarbonate shell snaps together over the device
- Layer three: a silicone skin that wraps over device to absorb bump and shock
The case will feature acoustical vents on speakerphone, headset speaker, and microphone allowing clear sound transmission. The sync/charge jack will be accessible through a silicone plug. The trackball, camera, and flash will remain functional. For carrying, a holster style swivel belt clip is included.
For those looking for less extreme protection, Otter Products will soon be offering a new line called the Impact Series. This will incorporate a silicone, skin-like design with impact absorbing features.
Check www.otterbox.com in the coming weeks for details and availability.