Palm has released a highly-anticipated ROM update for its LifeDrive mobile manager.
This makes a number of improvements to the device, including enhancing its WiFi functionality and making its file system more stable.
According to Palm, LifeDrive Update 2.0 makes the following changes:
- Improved WiFi coverage in low signal areas
- Improved roaming performance
- Improved file system stability
- Crisper, clearer sound quality when listening to MP3 files
- More flexible multimedia functionality, including file transmission over wireless connections, file saving, and faster recording and playback
- Better browser performance, including more efficient, faster page rendering
- Updates VersaMail to version 3.1C for improved ability to attach large documents
- Upgrade to Docs To Go application version 7.006
- Includes the enhancements from the past update
The ROM update and installation instructions can be found on Palm’s web site.
What’s a ROM Update?
The ROM is where the operating system and built-in applications are stored. Changes made to the files in ROM are permanent and will survive the device undergoing a hard reset.
Updating the ROM will erase everything that’s on the device, but the data can be restored by a HotSync.