palmOne has announced the new Tungsten E2. the Tungsten E2 improves on the world’s best selling PDA over the past year by adding Bluetooth, a brighter and better display, longer battery life, non-volatile RAM and several other improvements. The Tungsten E2 is avilalbe now for $249.
Here’s a complete rundown of the Tungsten E2 upgrades compared to the Tungsten E:
- A faster processor, 200MHz versus 126MHz
- More available memory, 29.7 versus 28.8, though both have a total of 32MB (the non-usable memory is used as heap space)
- Non-volatile memory, so important data won’t be lost if the battery dies
- A screen with true colors and higher brightness levels (30% brighter and 40% better color saturation)
- A bigger battery with software improvements for better battery handling
- Bluetooth wireless technology for connecting to other Bluetooth devices such as phones, PDAs, and printers
- The new palmOne multi-connector (which is much faster than the previous mini-USB connector)
- New software features, like Documents To Go 7.0 and the favorites view in the application launcher
For more information check out our full palmOne Tungsten E2 review.