iPaq 6315, 4000 series patches
Following up on out report a couple weeks ago about a fix for the iPaq 6315’s email-over-GPRS problems, HP and T-Mobile have released a software patch to correct the issue. From the T-Mobile website:
You should install this update if :
- You are experiencing difficulties sending e-mails over GPRS using Pocket Inbox.
- You are experiencing difficulties sending e-mails with attachments over GPRS using Pocket Inbox.
- You are experiencing difficulties sending large files over GPRS using other applications.
- Your iPAQ has an older software version. Click here for instructions on checking your software version.
You do not need to install the update if:
- You have previously installed the update.
- Your iPAQ software already includes the update. Click here for instructions on checking your software version.
Also in the realm of iPaq patches, there is a wireless LAN software update available for the iPaq 4150 and 4350 models. From the HP support site:
- Corrects issue where the handheld fails to switch between access points with different index keys.
- Corrects communication issue with Cisco Access Points that have Aironet Extensions activated.
- Corrects issue where the handheld fails to reconnect to an access pointwith Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) enabled.
- Corrects roaming issue between an open access point and an access pointwith WPA Pre-Shared Key version (WPA-PSK) enabled.
Requires ROM Version 1.10.xx. If ROM version 1.10.xx is not installed, download and install SoftPaq Number SP28385 for an iPAQ Pocket PC h4100 Series handheld or SoftPaq Number SP28375 for an iPAQ Pocket PC h4300 Series handheld BEFORE installing this ROM update.
Report: New Sharp Zaurus
Akihabara News has posted a couple of images of what may be the next new Sharp Zaurus. Unfortunately, they were unable to confirm any specs. We’ll keep you posted as more information becomes available.
Leaked iPaq 2000 series images
What appear to be some preliminary images of the HP iPAQ 2000 have been circulating online. The new mid-range units are expected this November in a $400-$600 price range.
PalmOne T5 seminar
PalmOne is holding an event entitled “The New Tungsten T5 Handheld as a Tool for Business” on October 21st.
New games from Ballshooter, Handy Entertainment
Ballshooter Games has two new offerings. Ms. Parkman is described as “a re-make of well-known game of computer’s childhood… dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the famous arcade classic”. The other, AntHill, requires you to use your anteater to collect as many ant eggs as possible without getting bitten. Both games are available only for PocketPCs.
Meanwhile, Handy Entertainment is preparing a business simulator based on operating a clothing shop. “Tots ‘N’ Togs” is slated for release some time this month.