San Francisco, CA — PowerByHand, a leader in mobile content distribution solutions, today announced at the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment conference that it has changed its name to Motricity. The new name reflects the company’s unified solution for mobile content delivery and the company’s vision of empowering any mobile user to transform their device into a highly personalized extension of their life.
“We are excited about launching our new corporate name, which we believe more accurately reflects our vision and leadership position within the global mobile industry,” explained Ryan Wuerch, Motricity?s chairman and CEO. “This gives us a new and exciting brand to leverage as the company continues to increase revenue, expand market share and drive success for our customers.
Since 2001, PowerByHand has successfully followed an aggressive growth strategy through a number of acquisitions and mergers. This strategy has allowed the company to combine the best in carrier-class technology, carrier relationships and developer relationships to uniquely meet the content, technology and distribution needs across the mobile content ecosystem. While other platform providers address only a small portion of the mobile market, Motricity has the unique ability to address the entire market of what is today estimated to include over 2 billion mobile subscribers.
The company’s unique, multi-pillar strategy of achieving leadership in technology, distribution and content encompasses:
- Broadest content support including J2ME, ringtones, graphics, browsable content, messaging, Palm, Symbian, Windows Mobile and eBooks.
- Carrier-class infrastructure software for mobile content sourcing, management and delivery.
- Industry leading client technology: eReader and StreamLync
- Global hosting and managed service capabilities supporting 99.999% service level agreements with global operators.
- International capabilities with offices and developer support in North America, Europe and Asia.
- 20,000 developer partners from 30+ countries.
- 60,000 content and digital media titles.
- Strategic partnerships with Microsoft, PalmSource, Symbian, Intel and other industry leaders.
- Over 100 customers and distribution partners including Amazon.com, mmO2, Verizon Wireless, palmOne and T-Online.
One of the foundations of Motricity’s multi-pillar strategy is its proven mobile technology platform. The Fuel Mobile Content Distribution Platform is a modular system that solves the numerous challenges involved in the sourcing, management and delivery of content to mobile devices. Supporting all major device types, manufacturers and content types, Fuel helps deliver the right content to the right device at the right time. By helping to effectively on-board content and then present content targeted to each user, Motricity’s Fuel platform helps mobile operators and other content distribution channels profit from the rapidly emerging mobile content market.
Motricity also announced today that it has closed $27 million in venture funding led by Technology Crossover Ventures. See www.motricity.com for that announcement.
Please visit Motricity at this week’s CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment conference, booth # 725.
Motricity (formerly PowerByHand) is the first in a new?class of content and media providers for handheld devices. A leader in mobile content distribution solutions, the company is one of the largest providers of mobile content through its consumer websites and channel partnerships.? In addition, Motricity is the premier mobile content infrastructure provider to the wireless industry, supporting over 100 million mobile subscribers through partners such as Verizon Wireless, mmO2, Amazon.com and palmOne.? From games to business applications, and from ringtones to eBooks, Motricity powers the entire spectrum of mobile content delivery solutions for consumers and business partners.? For more information, visit www.motricity.com.