There is a new version of the widely-used Office utility Quickoffice for the Android OS. This delivers a ton of new features while also sporting a lower price tag.
Functional with smartphones running Android 2.0 or higher, Quickoffice Pro 4.0 is the successor to the Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite.
This update comes with a wide range of new features, with small additions like more facility when editing text boxes, to major perks, such as added support for some very popular file types.
All-in-all, there are too many upgrades to list each one, but here are a few of the highlights:
- Ability to create, open, & edit PowerPoint Files (.ppt & .pptx)
- Clipboard access (cut/copy/paste in app and between apps)
- Insert and resize images from gallery or camera
- Text-to-speech document recital and voice input dictation
- Edit and format table text in documents
- Undo / redo most user actions
And, when it comes to saving files, Quickoffice is compatible with several cloud storage options, including Box.net, Google Docs, Dropbox, Huddle, SugarSync and MobileMe.
Quickoffice Pro 4.0 is currently available at an introductory price of $7.99.