Sony’s PR Firm, communications official and attorney have “requested” we remove the pictures and PDF we received via email. We have done so, as we had little choice. Make whatever inferences you will given their actions.
It seems there are actually three model numbers. A Clie PEG-NX60 which is $500 without the camera. Two Clie PEG-NX70V’s, both with camera, but in two different colors. It has been confirmed that all the new units will have 16MB of RAM and will be released a little later than expected, mid to late October.
We have also come into possetion of a Sony document detailing this device. We should have that posted by noon or so, est.
For months we thought the next Sony Clie would be a NR90 series device, but it looks like early rumors were incorrect. Here is some pretty solid evidence to suggest this new OS 5 model is for real.
picture removed per Sony’s request
Here are the rumored specs:
– Higher res camera (300,000 pixels vs. 100,000)
– 200 MHz ARM processor, with Palm OS 5
– 320 x 480 High res color screen
– Wireless slot that works with Sony’s wireless LAN card, PEGA-WL100
– 16MB of RAM and ROM, although I have another source claiming 32MB of RAM
– Improved remote controll functionality
– Improved launcher functionality
Word is, this device will beat Palm to the punch, releasing the first Palm OS 5 device in early October. Price to be around the $600 mark. Well, add more as this story develops.
Here’s the specs sheet for the NX70V: