Spb Software House announces the release of a new must have Pocket PC application – Spb Weather.
Spb Weather is a mighty feature-rich weather application. Reason one: locales. You can constantly monitor weather in any number of your favorite cities. There are no problems with weather forecasts even for a small village. Just find a weather source that provides such forecasts and add that village to your list. Reason two: weather sources. You can assign different Internet weather sources to your cities. Select one of implemented weather sources or add a custom one. Reason three: compatibility with Spb Pocket Plus. Spb Weather Today plug-in will take no Today screen space at all if it is integrated into the newest version of Spb Pocket Plus – world’s most popular Today plug-in with tabs. Spb Weather just occupies one tab and you can open it only when necessary. Reason four: skinnable design. As many other Spb products Spb Weather supports skins which amazingly change the look of your program interface. And more: four view modes, optimized traffic, customizable units, refresh rules, traffic stats ? all these remarkable features make Spb Weather an outstanding weather forecast manager.
Cities and Weather Sources
Weather forecasts are provided by Internet weather sources. Spb Weather downloads these forecasts to keep you constantly informed of the weather conditions for the nearest seven days. You can assign the most trusted weather sources to your favorite cities. Spb Weather offers a large city database with ability to search cities by country, state and ZIP code. If you cannot find a small town or a village in the database, you can add it manually. If at least one Internet weather source provides weather forecasts for that town, you should specify that town, the weather source and a unique city code used by that source. If you want to download weather forecasts from a custom weather source, Spb will teach you how.
Compatibility with Pocket Plus
Users of Spb Pocket Plus version 2.5 and higher will be agreeably surprised that Spb Weather is another Spb product that supports a Today plug-in compatible with Pocket Plus – the world’s most popular Today plug-in with tabs. From now on Spb Weather and other Spb products that support their own Today plug-ins can be integrated in a form of separate tabs of Spb Pocket Plus. The Today screen will no longer be overcrowded any more. Now you can open Spb Weather and other plug-ins only when necessary.
All users of Spb products got used to Spb’s policy to provide their products with skin support. Spb Weather is another application that can be changed by means of skins. five professionally designed skins originally come with Spb Weather. More skins will be permanently available for downloading at Spb’s website.
- View modes: Forecasts can be shown in four view modes: seven day, five day, four day, and multiline modes. In multiline mode all your active cities are shown simultaneously.
- Optimized traffic: Spb Weather downloads weather forecasts in a special format that ensures minimum amounts of downloaded data possible. Thus, a full informative five day forecast for one city is as small as 400 bytes.
- Measurement units: Measurement units for such parameters as temperature, atmospheric pressure, and wind speed can be customized.
- Refresh rules: A user can specify, how often forecasts will be refreshed on his device and if they will be refreshed when the devices is docked and/or a new city is added.
- Traffic statistics: One can always find out how much data has been already downloaded from each weather source.
- VGA support: Spb Weather is VGA screen-friendly. The same concerns all existing and oncoming Spb Weather skins.
- Custom skins: If you want to create your own skins for Spb Weather, please read the user tutorial at Spb’s web site
Pricing and Availability
You can download a free trial version working for 15 days from the day of installation. The registered version costs $14.95.
You can download a trial version from Spb’s web site:
You can purchase Spb Weather here: www.spbsoftwarehouse.com
Further Information and Downloads
Further information regarding Spb Weather can be found on the Spb web site.