MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Tapwave and Mobile Digital Media (MDM) announced today that MDM’s officially licensed Palm OS version of Madden NFL 2005, Electronic Arts’ well-known and critically acclaimed sports video game, will be made available for the Tapwave Zodiac in November. Available only via software download at www.tapwave.com, the exclusive Tapwave Zodiac version of the game will support Zodiac-specific features not found on other handheld devices, such as a high-resolution (480 x 320) screen to show off Madden’s superior graphics; game play in landscape mode; analog control with built-in joystick; enhanced stereo sound through the Zodiac’s external speakers; and game vibration effects.
“The Zodiac multimedia handheld is a game developers dream,” said Barry Cottle, CEO of MDM. “With Tapwave’s new API’s, we were able to implement advanced features to take full advantage of the Zodiac’s speedy Motorola 32-Bit ARM 9 processor and to really showcase the platform. In addition, the Zodiac’s high-resolution screen, analog controller and ATI Graphics accelerator can really show off the handiwork of any handheld game developer.”
“MDM creates great handheld games and is trusted in the game community to stay true to the original developer’s vision and IP,” said Byron Connell, co-founder and senior VP marketing of Tapwave. “The combined strength of their highly anticipated games and our sleek, ergonomic mobile multimedia system really raises the bar for handheld console gaming.”
The Tapwave Zodiac version of Madden will feature:
- The Real NFL — all of the NFL teams, new team logos, and player rosters completely updated for the 2004-2005 season.
- Best of Class Graphics and Animations — game play that comes alive on the Zodiac’s large 480 x 320 (half VGA) screen.
- Incredible Flexibility of Game Play Options — change stadium location, weather, allow player injuries, allow players to fatigue, change passing and catching options, control the frequency at which penalties are called and more!
- Playoffs, Regular Season, and Exhibition game modes — all tracked with updated game stats.
- Create a Team –the ability to create the team of your dreams though trades, or choose from an extensive pool of free agents.
- Actual Voice Recordings — hear the real John Madden and Al Michaels commentary.
- The Latest Music — includes the new lead song for Madden 2005.
- A Jam-Packed Playbook — call all the shots with over 200 authentic offensive and defensive plays.
MDM is also planning to release a Madden update for Zodiac later this year. This update will include:
- Multiplayer head-to-head mode via Bluetooth (feature update available free later this year)
- Create a Player — customize your own unique player (feature update available free later this year).
About Tapwave, Inc.
Tapwave is changing the way people manage their lives, play and interact on the go. Founded in May 2001, Tapwave is a privately funded company in Mountain View, CA. Through a wealth of consumer electronic experience and strong partnerships, Tapwave is developing a portfolio of innovative, media-centric products that combine the power and function of advanced handheld computing with the fun of a console-quality entertainment experience.
Since officially launching the company, Tapwave has garnered numerous accolades and industry awards for its first product — the Zodiac multimedia handheld, including: the Consumer Digest Best Buy Award, Laptop Magazine Hot Pick, Computer Shopper 2004 Best Portable Gaming Device, 1st place in PC Magazines “Last Gadget standing” competition at CES 2004, Handheld Computing’s “Most Innovative PDA for 2003.” Mobiletrax’s Mobility Award, CNET’s Editor’s Choice Award, PC World’s 2004 Next Gear Innovations Award and Popular Science BOWN (Best of What’s New) Award. More information about the company can be found at www.tapwave.com.
Mobile Digital Media (MDM) is a world leader in providing high quality consumer software for all mobile device platforms including Palm OS, Windows Mobile / Pocket PC / Smartphone, and Nokia Series 60/SymbianOS. MDM’s high quality, branded entertainment, productivity and utility products are available at major retail outlets including Circuit City, CompUSA, Franklin Covey, Fry’s Electronics, MusicLand, Office Max, Radio Shack, and Staples, and leading online retailers including, Amazon, Dell, Handango, and palmOne. MDM is a member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC). Privately held, MDM (www.goMDM.com) is based in Mountain View, California.