Jumping onto the prediction that this will be the year for GPS and location-based services take off, Sprint is teaming with TeleNav to offer Sprint Navigation, a service that will give users turn-by-turn voice and on-screen directions.
This service will include the following features:
- Voice-guided and on-screen turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, which speaks street names for each turn
- 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device
- Real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting
- Local search with more than 10 million points of interest
- Lowest price gas finder
- Interactive voice response for destination entry by speech instead of text or phone number
- Spanish-language option
- Pre-trip planning web site
Pricing and Availability
The new Sprint Power Vision Navigation Pack will include unlimited use of Sprint Navigation, along with unlimited data access and Web browsing, Sprint Mobile Email, Sprint Picture Mail, Sprint Radio, and Sprint TV, all for $20 per month.
Unlimited access to Sprint Navigation will also be included in the existing Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack and Sprint Power Vision Business Pack, both priced at $25 per month.
All other Sprint Vision, Power Vision, and PowerSource packs will include pay-per-day access to Sprint Navigation for $2.99 per 24-hour period of use.
Sprint Navigation will be available in April on most Power Vision phones as well as many Sprint Vision phones. Available Sprint Navigation features will vary by phone.
For more information, visit the Sprint web site.