Gemstar-TV Guide International and Handmark have released TV Guide Mobile, a television listings and content service for Palm OS and Windows Mobile.
Through a monthly or yearly subscription, this service will give users all the TV info they need.
TV Guide Mobile features include:
- Instant access to TV Guide daily local TV listings;
- Ability to search TVGuide.com’s comprehensive “Big Movie Guide” database, which contains 40,000 movie reviews, and its “Show Guide” database, which includes episode synopses and other information on 600+ TV series, past and present;
- Searches organized by title, genre or celebrity;
- Customization allowing users to receive information only about their favorite channels, shows or celebrities, through features such as “My Watch List,” that keeps users favorite programs in one place;
- The latest Hollywood news, gossip and commentary from www.tvguide.com, including: Ask Ausiello; Insider; The Biz; Ask Matt; Roush Review; Ask The Televisionary; Watercooler; and Soap News.
“We’re excited to make TV Guide Mobile available for these smartphone platforms through Handmark, a premier innovator in mobile media,” said Richard Cusick, senior vice president and general manager of Digital Media at Gemstar-TV Guide. “This is one of several initiatives in the mobile space that Gemstar-TV Guide is pursuing. Mobile is a key area for the company and one that we are prioritizing across all of our products, services and partnerships.”