LandWare Inc, a leading developer of handheld and smartphone solutions, announced today the immediate availability of their second generation Wine Enthusiast Guide for Palm OS handhelds & smartphones.
This completely new 2006 edition builds on its position of premier handheld wine guide by adding over 120 enhancements. These include: importing and exporting of cellar collection details, support for high resolution screens, completely revised user interface, optimizing?one handed smartphone operation, sorting of search results, auto fill to assist in rapid searching, twice the number of entries in the vintage chart, a new data structure that further minimizes memory usage and allows for the entire wine database to reside on an external memory card. As with previous years, this version also includes: a complete wine cellar and buying list management, a wine glossary with over 1,400 terms and definitions, interactive vintage chart with wine maturity and harvest quality ratings, and an integrated in-depth Wine 101 course.
Just this month Pocket PC Magazine validated the Wine Enthusiast Guide’s leadership position by awarding it the winner of the Dining category in their Best Software Awards.
Key Features Include:
- Quickly select wines by grape variety, price, rating, style, and region
- Buying Guide now includes over three times the number of wines included in previous years
- Import/export wine cellar lists to/from computer
- New data formats require 20% less space, support faster searching
- Application and databases can now reside on an external memory card
- Full support for high-resolution widescreen displays, up to 320×480.
- Completely revised user interface with full support for one handed D-pad navigation
- Vintage and harvest quality data expanded to 113 regions/styles spanning 15 years
- Complete wine cellar and buying list management
- Maintain personal tasting records and notes
- Enhanced 5-way navigation on Treo and all supporting models
- Beam wine details to another handheld
A full visual overview is available at www.landware.com/wineguide
Pricing and Availability
The Wine Enthusiast Guide 2006 is available for download immediately from LandWare for $19.95. A Multimedia Card Edition for Palm OS is also available for $24.95. Special pricing is available to registered owners of previous versions for the next 90 days. A free fully functioning 14-day trial version is also available. Visit www.landware.com/wineguide for further information.
LandWare, Inc., a privately held corporation in Oradell, New Jersey, was founded in 1994. LandWare publishes quality solutions for handheld and smartphone devices. In addition to Pocket Quicken, Shanghai Pocket Essentials, and Wine Enthusiast Guide other titles include the Leonard Maltin Movie Guide, OmniSolve, and more. More information can be found at www.landware.com.
About Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is America’s fastest growing publication devoted exclusively to the ever-changing, always fascinating world of wine. Published fourteen times a year, Wine Enthusiast Magazine brings its readers an array of in-depth features, regular columns, product reviews, travel tips, up-to-date wine news and food & wine pairings. In addition, the Buying Guide tasting panel rates and reviews thousands of wines every year. For more information, please visit www.winemag.com.