RIM had a misstep taking on the iPhone with the BlackBerry Storm. The Tour and other traditional devices show that RIM is and should be comfortable in its own skin.
The BlackBerry Tour 9630 is a solid device with no major complaints, outside of the screen ripple which cannot be remedied, but will probably not result in long-term damage.
It’s a great size, has a great keyboard and camera, and has messaging capabilities that make up for the general browser deficiency that all BlackBerrys seem to have. Though the browser is good for casual use, this device is best utilized through applications downloaded through the App World and for messaging.
- Good form factor, size, and price
- Verizon and Sprint availability
- Great keyboard compared to previous models
- LCD screen ripples when top set of keys are pushed
- Sprint coverage not great in all areas
- Only an average browsing experience, not on par with some competitors (Palm Pre, iPhone)