I have grown very attached to the HTC Droid Incredible in the relatively short time I’ve had it. It’s one of the best smartphones I’ve ever reviewed, and a true joy to use, to the extent that in my idle moments I actually found myself contemplating whether our contacts at Verizon would miss the phone if I didn’t send it back for a few more weeks. Of course I know better than to stretch out the loan period, but this should give you a better idea of just how much I love the phone.
If you want the latest and greatest, and your entire digital life is already wrapped up in Gmail, Google Calendar and the like, then you should consider upgrading to the Incredible. If you’re not already an Android convert, you should check it out.
I’m a die-hard Apple fan and still love my iPod touch, but the Incredible is indeed aptly named, and the first smartphone I’ve tried that truly does it all, with very little compromise.
- Thin, light, and pocketable
- Excellent performance with blazing fast speed
- Excellent, responsive touchscreen display
- Superb camera with a good zoom capability
- Surprisingly good external speaker
- Charger gets rather hot
- A few issues with background noise on voice calls
- Direct sunlight a problem if you’re using the screen as a viewfinder
- Some blurring on action shots