Excellent design with a highly attractive display-to-device ratio and an unusual user interface with Flyme OS are features that make the Meizu MX5 one of those Chinese smartphones that yield interest around the globe. An excellent design, high display-to-device ratio, and a unique UI with Flyme OS are just some of the Meizu MX5 features that should pique user interest.
Meizu does not directly sell the MX5 in the US, but third-party retailers offer it for about $300 as of this writing. That’s a good deal on a solid smartphone.
- Thin display bezels, excellent display ratio
- Above average performance
- Simple and intuitive Flyme OS
- Insufficient maximum display brightness
- Unbalanced color imaging
- Flyme OS details a bit unpolished