The Palm Pre Plus is a nice update of the original Pre, but unless you’re absolutely desperate for more memory or for the Mobile Hotspot feature, it isn’t worth the upgrade cost or the switch from Sprint.
If you’re a Verizon customer looking for something different, the Pre Plus is a great option. The webOS is so easy to use, it’s ideal for soccer moms and other less-tech-savvy types, but it’s also powerful enough for mobile professionals who don’t need heavy duty smartphones like Blackberrys or Windows Mobile devices.
If your main focus is on email and calendar/contact functionality, and if your personal information is already out there on the Web in a Google account or on Microsoft Exchange, you can’t go wrong with the Palm Pre Plus from Verizon.
- Twice the memory is great
- Exceptional calendar and contact features simplify your online life
- Good camera with a strong flash
- Good quality video output
- Keyboard is adequate, but not great
- Battery life is adequate, but still a concern
- No memory card expansion slot
- Mobile Hotspot service is very expensive