Considering the large size of the Samsung Galaxy Note, careful consideration is required in order to determine if it’s the right smartphone for your needs. I found the big screen to be more of a draw than the actual S Pen stylus, but I would be less likely to buy it because I need something highly pocketable, not something that I would have to carry in a purse or gear bag.
The stylus is a unique addition, but of limited utility for anyone who is already comfortable using a touchscreen and/or a virtual keyboard to enter text. It’s fun to use for drawings and such, maybe a quick grocery list, but digital artists and hardcore notetakers would likely be happier with either a larger tablet or a Bluetooth keyboard.
If you’re willing to make the commitment, however, the Galaxy Note is a powerful device and a good performer.
- Excellent screen — large and bright
- Great performance
- S Pen stylus is useful for drawing and quick notes
- Great voice quality
- Huge — not really pocketable, especially for ladies
- Unless you’re a budding digital artist, the stylus adds more frustration than function
- Disappointing external speaker