There are parts of the Samsung Omnia II that I really like — the beautiful display, the fun gaming experience, the Swype keyboard, the excellent camera, even the cool red accents on the battery cover, etc. There are also a few things I don’t like, most notably the almost wretched e-mail experience.
If you want a phone that offers a lot of entertainment options and don’t plan to use the e-mail functionality too heavily, the Omnia would be a solid choice. If however you tend to get the shakes if you don’t check your e-mail every five minutes, this isn’t the device for you.
- Gorgeous display
- Innovative Swype keyboard technology really works
- Good quality camera with video
- Offers a strong mobile entertainment experience
- Good battery life
- Painful e-mail experience
- Average voice quality
- Somewhat confusing UI/menu system